Implementation types are the basics of computer science which are assigned to user actions. They are the technical specifications used to describe the method for computer programming.
Some examples of Implementation types include:
- Create Data
- Save Data
Implementation types are used in conjunction with use cases to explain the technical specifications of a user action.
Intelekit provides some pre-configured implementation types for each of their implementation platforms for use but if there is a new implementation platform that was added you will need to create implementation types for that platform or you may wish to create additional implementation types for an existing platform.
To create an implementation type, you must click on the ‘Implementation Types’ link underneath the estimates menu. Here the program will direct you to a list view of all implementation types. You may filter the implementation types by platform, edit an existing implementation type or create a new implementation type. This can be done by clicking on the ‘Add Type’ button.
The program will direct you to a screen to input the following fields:
1) Implementation Platform – Here the user has to choose the specific implementation platform from a list of platforms (Java, WordPress, .NET) created earlier through the ‘Add Platform’ button. The chosen platform would be used for this specific Implementation Type.
2) Implementation Type Name – Here the name of the particular Implementation Type has to be provided.
3) Description – A brief description of the Implementation Type has to be provided with respect to what it aims to achieve.
4) Base Effort – The base effort (in hours) has to be provided in the required box.This is the minimum effort to carry out the technical specification.
5) Number of Functional Test Cases – By selecting the number of functional test cases for the implementation type this will add in the testing effort to any use case that chooses this specific implementation type.
6) The last step is to create the Implementation Type and continue forward to related validations.